March 15 was the day my baby was born. My Dog baby. And this year I wanted to make it extra special by making her a birthday cake.
After graduating college, I was off to start my first job in Arizona (2007). Mr. KofColors didn't want me to be alone all the time so he bought a puppy for me as a companion.
He said that she was the runt of the litter and when he went to pick her up from the breeder...they didn't want to let her go. She was a keeper. Though she is small she is spunky.
I had planned all sorts of names for her and was leaning on "Pebbles" (Mr. KofColors wanted "Velcro"?). But when he arrived and brought her out of the truck...it just came to me.
I am so blessed to have her and couldn't imagine life without her. So this year Audrey will have cake.
Doggie Birthday Cake
- One egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Birthday candle
- Preheat the oven to 350* degrees. Grease a 8x8 pan.
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla and honey in a large bowl; blend well. Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly. Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold into the carrot mixture. Spook cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Let's just say she really enjoyed it.
It is super easy to make, it smells really good when baking. And let's be honest, I had some...not that sweet but tasty.